Friday, July 9, 2010

Haiti Mission Possible: (Until We Meet Again)

So I left Haiti 2 days ago, and I can’t actually believe my 12 day trip is already over. It didn’t take long for me to get accustomed to my surroundings while in country; I’m a little torn coming home, but I know we did good work for the Real Hope for Haiti ministry. Ironically enough, despite all the hard work we as a team poured into planning the ministry’s future site, I think our entire team would say the ministry gave us far more than we gave it. The people and stories I encountered were eye opening and very touching; I can’t say there was anything I did prior to going to Haiti that adequately prepared me for the emotional roller coaster ride. As I leave, the only thing I am certain of is that this is not the last time Haiti will see me. The big question is in what capacity I come back. I leave Haiti a better person and stronger professional; I thank everyone for all the support and prayers during my time away. Take a chance to view my slideshow including many pictures that tell stories I could not adequately capture in words through this journal. Hopefully, my experience has touched you in some way. To Haiti I don’t say good-bye, but rather “see you later”.


No comments:

Post a Comment